Spanish in the World - Terms & Conditions
Guarantees & General Conditions
- Spanish in the World S.L. is a full private enterprise and accredited center of the INSTITUTO CERVANTES in Alicante, Barcelona, Madrid, Marbella, Salamanca, Seville, Tenerife and Valencia.
- We guarantee that all programs, accommodations, and complementary services described on this website 2013 are true (any and all special arrangements and/ or agreements should be set in writing and signed by Spanish in the Spanish World, S.L).
- The personnel in charge of airport pick-up and transportation to accommodation are insured, completely familiar with the area and know exactly where the students are to be dropped off.
- Spanish in the Spanish World S.L is a member of the following international organisations: NAFSA, UNIÓN LATINA, AEEM, AMACFE, FEDELE & AECAE.
- Our academic centers in Barcelona, Madrid, Marbella, Salamanca, Seville, Tenerife and Valencia have been endorsed by the Association Eduespaña and the Spanish Chamber of Commerce.
- Spanish in the World S.L guarantees a maximum of 10 students per classroom
- For registrations received a week prior to the beginning of a course, Spanish in the Spanish World S.L. does not guarantee the type of accommodation desired and requested by the student due to the fact that priority is given to those students who have registered further in advance.
- In the event that a student is not satisfied with the assigned accommodation and he/she is rightfully justified in his claim, he/she will be allowed to change to another accommodation of the same type (3 changes maximum) and should let his/her wishes be known to the person in charge during his first week of staying in the program.
- All students should inform Spanish in the Spanish World S.L or the host family in advance of their approximate time of arrival. In the event that one of the previously mentioned parties is not contacted, Spanish in the World S.L will not be held responsible for greeting nor picking up the student upon arrival.
- When a student enrolled in a Spanish course requires accommodation for a family member or friend, we do not guarantee said accommodation due to the fact that other Spanish in the World students have priority regarding the accommodations.
- If a student decides that he/she wants to postpone or take a break from any program for unjustified personal reasons, he/she will lose any right to a monetary refund, and the course will not be made up.
Airport pick-up services
- The flight information (place, hour and flight number) must be confirmed in writing at least one week prior to arrival. Otherwise, Spanish in the World S.L. will not be held responsible for picking up the student at the airport and there will be no refund.
- If the student cancels the airport pick-up sevice less than one week prior to arrival he/she will lose his/her right to a refund of the cost of said service.
- In the event of any delay or changes in flight information without previous notification, Spanish in the World S.L will not be held responsible for picking up the student at the airport and there will be no refund.
Spanish + Paid Job Cancellation
- In the event where the participant cancels the program up to 4 weeks before starting, we will charge a 450€ cancellation fee for this specific program. If he/she cancels 4 weeks or less before starting the program, we will charge the full program price.
Holidays - National and Local Holidays in Spain
Please note that official dates are not yet confirmed. National and Local holidays are at the moment subject to change and still provisional. Please check with our Head Office in order to confirm exact dates before planning your program because schools will be closed during official holidays (national and local).
- In case of two holidays during the same week (Monday to Friday), one day of the missed lessons will be made up.
- One to one classes will be made up in any case.
How can I register for my Spanish Course ?
You can find the application form on our website or request it in print by contacting us:
Spanish in the Spanish World S.L
C/ San Bernardo 99, 5º I - 28015 - Madrid,Spain
Phone: (+34) 91 591 21 26
Along with the form, you must also send a deposit in the amount of 250€* in order to confirm registration. Please pay the deposit via: bank transfer or credit card (VISA or MASTERCARD, not American Express).See the below section on “how to pay ” for details pertaining to this process. All registrations that have not been paid or confirmed at least 3 weeks before the beginning of the program may be cancelled.
* The 250€ deposit will be deducted from the final invoice and is non-refundable.
How can I pay for my Spanish Course ?
First, as already stated, you must send a 250€ deposit fee* along with the completed registration form. If you prefer, you may pay up-front at this time for the complete course price (course + accommodation). In any case, the complete program cost must be paid in full at least 3 weeks prior to the start of the program. You may pay the deposit and program fees in the following ways:
- Send a bank transfer using the below information. Please do not forget to clearly make
transfers payable to "SPANISH IN THE SPANISH WORLD,” include your personal information and the purpose of the payment and send a proof of the transfer by fax or e-mail.
Bank name : Bankinter
Account name : spanish in the spanish world s.l.
Account number : 0128-0023-1201-0003-2137
Iban number : ES18-0128-0023-1201-0003-2137
BIC - SWIFT: BKBKESMMXXX
Bank account address : Marqués de Urquijo, 11, 28008 Madrid, Spain
Please send a copy of wire transfer by fax to our attention with yoru name clearly marked: +34 91 594 5159
- Send us your VISA or MASTERCARD information via mail or fax using the aforementioned addresses, and please be sure to indicate the exact amount that you are authorizing us to charge to your credit card.
*The 250 € deposit will be deducted from the final invoice and is non-refundable
Pay online through our web site: http://www.spanishintheworld.com/booking/book.html
Or send to the following: fax: (+34) 91 448 27 55
Upon receipt of your registration form we will confirm your enrollment in the courses you have chosen and send a letter welcoming you to SPANISH IN THE WORLD. You will also receive the complete bill for your programs which must be paid in full at least 3 weeks prior to the start of the program. All registrations that have not been paid or confirmed at least 3 weeks before the beginning of the programe may be cancelled.
- 24h. Phone: (+34) 636 450 998
Important Information for Students
Visas for Spain
- Citizens of countries belonging to the European Union do not need a Visa to enter Spain.
- Students coming from other countries should obtain information regarding the requirements for obtaining a VISADO (VISA) at their nearest Spanish Embassy or Consulate. The certificates that accredit and confirm the enrolment in a Spanish course at the school can only be signed, sealed and sent by people authorised by SPANISH IN THE WORLD, who will not be held responsible for rejected Visa applications due to the fact that these documents do not have any official power and merely serve as confirmation of a course in one of the centers. Such documents will only be sent to cover the amount of course time initially contracted by the student. SPANISH IN THE WORLD will send out, free of charge and to any student who asks for them, the following documents (if and only if the total cost of the program has been paid):
- Confirmation of the Spanish program chosen by the student.
- Invoice for the total cost of the program in question (course + accommodation).
- In the event that the student should urgently need the originals of any of ''
these documents, SPANISH IN THE WORLD will send them and charge the cost of the mailing to the student.
- If student visa is rejected SPANISH IN THE WORLD will charge the student 100€ per invitation letter sent, the 250€ deposit and any additional basic costs.The student will be obliged to show SPANISH IN THE WORLD a clear copy of the original formal proof of the rejected visa in order to receive the refund. If this copy is not received by SPANISH IN THE WORLD, 100% of the cost of the program will be charged.
- Any refund from SPANISH IN THE WORLD will have a 10% charge.
- Students are not covered for any illnesses, accidents, loss of personal property (neither at their accommodation nor in or out of the classroom). SPANISH IN THE WORLD recommends the use of an optional insurance, which is available to all students who wish to contract it.
Upon signing the registration form or paying the course fees, the student accepts all the conditions described above. If, under any circumstances uncontrollable by SPANISH IN THE WORLD, the prices of accommodations go up, SPANISH IN THE WORLD will notify the student ahead of time of said changes. This price list replaces the previously existing one and is valid from 1st January 2013 until 31st December 2013 for all programs taking place between these two dates. SPANISH IN THE WORLD S.L. is not responsible for typographical errors and/or misprints contained in this website.
COMPLAINTS OR CUSTOMER SERVICE: firstname.lastname@example.org
Learn more about Spanish in the World: